fredag 31. mars 2017

Stay true to yourself, because there are very few people who will always be true to you

You may think everyone has the same heart as you, and that's what's gonna fuck you up. You'll be crowned the most disappointed person of the year if you live your life thinking people will do the same for you, as you do for them. It is simply naive.

You'll learn through the years, that not everyone will invest as much in you, as you invest in them. That some people won't care as much as you do, or even be willing to show you the same respect in return. In fact, some people will not give a damn shit about you at all.

Don't let this wear you down. The important thing is that you through your actions and investments in others have been true to yourself, true to your values and what you believe in. Being yourself as a genuine human being can never be wrong, and is never a loss. Not being granted in return whatever you give does not leave you a poorer person, quite the opposite - standing solid on your moral ground regardless is of priceless value, both to your conscience and your integrity. I am of that perception that if you stay true to yourself and your inner spark in whatever situation you're in, you'll never have regrets - no matter what the outcome.


I simply live by the rule that if I got something to give, I give it, whether or not it grants me anything in return. Regardless, the gesture itself is to me the most valuable - to have contributed as a fellow human being. To have done what I in my heart think is right. Some may see me as too emotionally invested, or even extremely "uncool" for not keeping up today's trendy fasade as an unconcerned and unattainable woman, but hell, I'm for a warmer society and being a good animal on this planet. I'm not going to sacrifice that for anything or anyone. And if who I am isn't good enough or appreciated by the people around me - I simply change the people around me.

Life is all about being true to yourself and what you believe in, at all times, even when it's not trendy. No matter how you are living your life - if you are real, genuine and unapologetically yourself, the right people will respect you. And the wrong people... well, they're irrelevant.