onsdag 22. mars 2017

The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence

I'd rather struggle every day of my life to get what I have, than to ever give someone the power to say: "You wouldn't have that if it wasn't for me." I prefer to be my own experiment. My own work of art. The things I treasure most in life cannot be taken away - they exist within me, as building blocks of my own inner universe.

And how to be happy? Learn to never need or depend on anyone else but yourself, and don't expect a goddamn thing - not from anyone. People will let you down, and promises will be broken. Simply expect less from others, and more from yourself. Don't wait for someone to bring you flowers; plant your own. Because at the end of the day, the only one you can truly trust and depend on, is yourself.

Find confidence within your soul and build yourself as a solid empire of your own values, of your own strength, of what inspires and what drives you, on independent ground. Be your own mentor, your own hero. Never underestimate yourself and what you're capable of. Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right.


Since childhood I've cultivated an existential independence, which I will forever wholeheartedly treasure. Admittedly this came from perceiving the adults and everything else around me as unreliable, and without it I simply wouldn't have survived - I had no other choice but depending on myself, and myself only. But! Although it was in no way an ideal way to grow up - I'm not gonna deny it was a living hell at times - it made me who I am today; it made me an independent soul. It made me a fighter. And for that I am eternally grateful.

Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I built my life. It taught me not to take anything for granted, and to make the most of what I've got. It blessed me with the capability to see and truly appreciate the smallest pleasures and true values in life - which enriches my existence immensly.

Remember: It's not about the hand you're dealt, but how you play the cards.
Turn your curses into blessings and never allow yourself to become a victim - be a fighter.